Install Upscope in 3 steps
- If you have not done so already, create your Upscope account on https://upscope.io. There's a free trial available.
- Once you're logged into Upscope, go to your settings > integrations and click on Connect to Zendesk. It will generate a Token for you.
- Copy that Token and return to Zendesk. Go to the Marketplace and search for Upscope and choose to install the app. Paste in the Token when prompted.
Please note that you have to be signed into Zendesk as an admin.
Using the App
To confirm that Upscope is installed correctly:
- log into Upscope and you'll see a list of users who are currently on your website.
- You can run a test of the Upscope Zendesk integration by going onto your website and starting a chat. Within Zendesk you'll see the Upscope 'Screen sharing' button appear on the right hand side for that user's chat.
- Click the screen sharing button and, if permissions are enabled, a pop-up will appear in the browser asking the user for permission to screen share.
- Click yes and begin co-browsing.
You are able to not only scroll, click and type for the user but use the pen tool to draw on objects or around objects to bring the user's attention to them.
Please be sure to refresh the page when you've first installed Upscope with Zendesk.
Use the support code when users phone in
You can also find the user by using their support code when they phone in.
The phone support code is a 4 digit unique code which, on entry, leads you to that user's specific screen without them having to start a chat on Zendesk.
- Ask for their code (make sure you have it enabled here)
- Plug the code into the Upscope widget
- Click the 'Screen share' button
Depending on your set-up, it can either be pulled up by the user pressing 'control' on their keyboard 5 times or it can also be displayed somewhere on the page.
Find out more about the support code