Upscope is HIPAA compliant and ISO27001 certified.
Upscope co-browsing is the modern secure form of screen sharing giving you complete control over which user data is passed through servers and displayed to support agents.
In addition, you only see the user’s browser tab containing your own website and no other 3rd party tabs or confidential desktop folders.
We meet all the key physical, technical and administrative requirements of HIPAA including having signed BAAs with all key 3rd party providers.
Data storage and transmission
- Upscope’s servers are run via AWS in their secure North Virginia data centre.
- You only transmit data only while screen sharing. We only store metadata about your users such as their location, IP address, last activity timestamp, and optionally their identity. No page content is ever sent to our server unless screen sharing is initiated.
- Hide sensitive parts of the page. Easily hide sensitive parts of the page or specific form fields (such as SSN or credit card information) by selecting the element to hide in our dashboard. Portions of the page hidden with Upscope never leave the user's browser.
- Remote control limited to the browser. Unlike other screen sharing systems where the user has to install software or at the very least an extension, Upscope allows your agents to control the user's browser (limited to clicks and scrolls) with no installs required, making the experience safer and smoother for both agent and user.
- Enforced SSL. All your user's data is only transmitted via secure SSL connections.
Immutable Audit logs
Every action your team takes on Upscope (except for screen sharing session details) is recorded and accessible in the admin console. Each log item contains a hash of the previous entry to prove no item is changed or removed.
Upscope provides role based access controls for restricting which personnel can conduct screen sharing sessions with users.
You can find more information on security including data storage and options on white labelling / on premise solutions on our security page here.
Upscope is a London based organisation founded in 2015 and used by health, finance and SaaS companies worldwide.