If you're using LiveChat and want the ability to instantly see the screen of the user, directly from your chat with that user, then here are the simple steps to get going.
- Go to the LiveChat marketplace and install the Upscope app.
You're now ready to start co-browsing!
When you start a new chat a screen share button appears on the right hand side of the LiveChat panel as below.
Using the App
To confirm that Upscope is installed correctly:
- Log into Upscope and you'll see a list of users who are currently on your website.
- You can run a test of the Upscope LiveChat integration by going onto your website and starting a chat. Within LiveChat you'll see the Upscope 'Screen sharing' button appear on the right hand side for that user's chat.
- Click the screen sharing button and, if permissions are enabled, a pop-up will appear in the browser asking the user for permission to screen share.
- Click yes and begin co-browsing.
You are able to not only scroll, click and type for the user but use the pen tool to draw on objects or around objects to bring the user's attention to them.
Please be sure to refresh the page when you've first installed Upscope with LiveChat.
Use the support code when users phone in
You can also find the user by using their support code when they phone in.
The phone support code is a 4 digit unique code which, on entry, leads you to that user's specific screen without them having to start a chat on LiveChat.
- Ask for their code (make sure you have it enabled here)
- Plug the code into the Upscope widget
- Click the 'Screen share' button
Depending on your set-up, it can either be pulled up by the user pressing 'control' on their keyboard 5 times or it can also be displayed somewhere on the page. Find out more about the support code