If you're using LiveChat and want the ability to instantly see the screen of the customer, directly from your chat with that customer, then here are the simple steps to get going.
- Ask your LiveChat admin to go to this link on the LiveChat marketplace and install the Upscope co-browsing app.
- Ask your Upscope admin to enable screenshots from within the Upscope general settings.
You're now ready to start co-browsing!
When you start a new chat a screen share button appears on the right hand side of the LiveChat panel as below.
Using the App
To confirm that Upscope is installed correctly:
- Log into Upscope and see a list of customers who are currently on your website.
- You can run a test of the Upscope LiveChat integration by going onto your website and starting a chat. You'll see the Upscope 'Screen sharing' button appear on the right hand side for that customer's chat.
- Click the screen sharing button and, if permissions are enabled, a pop-up will appear in the browser asking the customer for permission to screen share.
- Click yes and begin co-browsing.
- You'll see screenshots appear on the right hand side in the LiveChat interface for that user's chat feed.
You are able to not only scroll, click and type for the customer but use the pen tool to draw on objects or around objects to bring the customer's attention to them.
Please be sure to refresh the page when you've first installed Upscope with LiveChat.
The customer will often type "Hey, I have a problem, it's not working" and then go off about their business expecting you to solve the problem.
Rather than asking them "Hi, are you seeing an error" and going back and forth for an hour, you can now see screenshots of how they came to the problem.
With this feature you're able to see 5 screenshots of pages the user visited prior to starting a live chat and also add some vision and colour to a screen normally full of text.
Ask your Upscope admin to enable screenshots within their general settings or send them this link: https://app.upscope.io/settings/teams/_?section=history_collection
Use the support code when customers phone in
You can also find the customer by using their support code when they phone in.
The phone support code is a 4 digit unique code which, on entry, leads you to that customer's specific screen without them having to start a chat on LiveChat.
- Ask for their code (make sure you have it enabled here)
- Plug the code into the Upscope widget
- Click the 'Screen share' button
Depending on your set-up, it can either be pulled up by the customer pressing 'control' on their keyboard 5 times or it can also be displayed somewhere on the page. Find out more about the support code