You can now start a screen share for a scheduled demo by having Upscope notify you that the user has arrived on the site.
What does it do?
Let's say you've got a demo booked in for 4pm.
The user opens the meeting request in their calendar and clicks your personal call URL which you added as the "Location" for the meeting.
Upscope will notify you that your user has arrived on your website and is ready to start the call.
You don't need to look out for them, you can carry on with your own tasks until they turn up.
How to use the Personal Co-browsing link
Here's a personal call URL example: https://call.upscope.io/yourname
1. Send it over to the user within the calendar invitation (E.g. We set it as the 'location' of the demo)
2. At the time of the call, have the Upscope app open and wait for the user to appear online OR click the link yourself.
You can have the tab on in the background while you perform other tasks, and you'll receive a ping once they arrive.
3. Once they have clicked on your co-browsing link, they will be redirected to your site with this message:
4. You'll see their name at the top of the app highlighted in green with a phone symbol.
5. Click on their name to initiate the co-browsing session. From here you can start an audio call within the session if needed.
6. Take them through the demo.
Customising your personal link
If you'd like to customise your link, you can do so in your Personal Settings.
Customising your link destination
You can determine where the user is redirected after clicking on the link. This will most likely be your app URL.
Note: We suggest you have Upscope installed on your public pages as if the customer is logged out and they are redirected to a page where Upscope isn't installed, the screen share won't connect.
You can change the destination of the link from your General Settings.
Why use the Personal Co-browsing Link?
It allows you to start a demo in seconds and without having to wait around, just keep https://app.upscope.io open and the browser tab flashes when they arrive.
It's great for setting up even faster onboarding and support sessions with users. You won't have to ask them to message you to let you know they're online, and you can initiate a call within the browser when you start the session.
My link isn't working
- Make sure you don't have an automatic redirect when your users enter your site, if you do, make sure where they're redirected also has the Upscope code installed, otherwise you won't be able to connect
- Each team member has their own link so make sure you're using the correct one, otherwise another team member will get the notification
- If your user isn't showing it could be that they didn't click on the link and went directly to your site, so check the